Bosch Mono-Jetronic

Michael F. Sargent MSargent at gallium.com
Thu Feb 1 19:27:25 GMT 1996

and Land Shark <lndshrk at xmission.com> said:

> ... at WOT this is not the case, ... because most manufacturers do NOT try
> to seek to lambda=1 there!!

So I'd like a little clarification here. I know that OEM's go open loop at WOT
and end up running rich (my Toyota P/U accelerates faster if you go WOT and
then back off just a touch), but I don't know why. I can't see any danger
running at stochiometric at WOT (but I can sure see why you don't want to go
lean). I always assumed that manufacturers went open loop to run richer (more
power) at WOT. Anyone know for sure?