Still more Questions ....

marchil at ibm.net marchil at ibm.net
Sat Feb 3 17:16:21 GMT 1996

I have more question on MAF sensors

The MAF on OEM's is always plaed very fare from the throtle body by doing this we have to
reaslise that we have the intake + the air hose that act as a resevoir after the metered
air has passed the MAF, would it not be better placed as close as posible to the intake
???
And also why not just put it after the T-Body and calculate the real air density, since
usulay wy have coulant heating the the T-Body.

And just to srew things around on super/torbo charged engins the T-Body is after the
compressor by placing it there we have to add a bypass valve on the intaketo reduce the
chance of over boost when the trotle plates close sudenly.
By putting the T-Body beafore the compressor we do not nead the bypass valve but the
compressor must have sealedbearing shafts to keep from sucking the oil from them when the
intake is at a vacum, Would there be any other ploblems ????

// Marchil at IBM.NET
// Alain Marchildon
// 1271 Bernard West
// Outremont, Quebec Canada