Bosch Mono-Jetronic

Wayne Braun Wayne.Braun at Develcon.com
Mon Feb 5 14:51:18 GMT 1996

At 09:38 AM 2/5/96 GMT+0200, you wrote:
>>So Land Shark a.k.a. Jim sez:
>
>>>Actually, the Uno is remarkably driveable. Handles _really_ well. Never had
>>>any problems at all, except this flat spot that crept in recently.
>>
>> OK, well .. let's fix that flatspot ... Have you checked the throttlepot??
>>
>Now here lies the crunch. The manual I have sez "don't remove that pot, it's
>factory adjusted". I can't get a new pot, or even a new pot attached to a
>throttle body (Which I would need if the thing is factory adjusted). I'll
>have to buy the whole thing, including idle servo and injector. Now I'm sure
>that'll fix the flat spot, but I can get a carburettor for a third of the
>price. Lessee, R8000 = 200 cases of beer, what can _you_ buy for the
>equivalent of 200 cases of beer? Probably a new car :-)
>
>So if I remove the pot and bugger up the adjustment, I'm f*--ed. So now I'm
>trying to figure out whether that is the culprit. If I open the thing and
>find that the pot's OK, and then can't get it back together again, Hooo Boy,
>probably kill myself :-)
>

>Wouter
>--
>Wouter de Waal        Phone : +27 21 683 5490
>Development Engineer  Fax   : +27 21 683 5435
>CCII Systems
>Kenilworth, South Africa

        That doesn't sound very good at all. The throttle position sensor (
TPS ) is almost an annual replacement item for me. Severe weather will do
that sort of thing but also the TPS in the Nissan Sentra ( Throttle body
injection ) is a rather poor design. I took one apart and you can easily see
the throttle position for the speeds you normally drive. Just look for the
dips in the track where it is worn out. It usually takes me longer to
convince the dealer whats wrong that for them to fix it.

        Wayne Braun
Wayne Braun  Product Support Develcon Electronics
Email: Wayne.Braun at Develcon.com                 HTTP://WWW.Develcon.com
Phone: (306) 933-3300 or  1-800-667-9333     FAX: (306)978-8860