Injector Phasing...

Carter Hendricks carterh at crl.com
Sat Feb 10 05:57:56 GMT 1996

Wow. This came up again. I promise this -weekend- to write up what I
know about Alfa Romeo's sequential [and mechanical, and timing-adjustable
fuel injection]. Event timing -can- make a difference. But for now one
comment:

On Sat, 10 Feb 1996, Timothy Coste wrote:

> are all concerns of manufacturers, not tuners/racers.  Show me a
> racer who minds a miniscule off-idle stutter versus 20hp and a
> 1000ppm increase in HC and I'll show you a big three engineer riding
> with a racing team. :)

Throttle control is a big issue with -fast- racers. I spent a little
while with motorcycles. Power is very good. Falling is very bad. Smooth
throttle response is superior to quite a bit of unruly power, at least
when coming out of corners! The new telemetry I've seen published shows that
throttle response is of key importance in automobile road racing, as well.
I suspect that even [especially?] in drag racing throttle control is a key
variable. No big deal, but the dichotomy in control system requirements
may not be very substantial, may not be there at all.

And lean is still mean.

						--Carter