Multiprocessor system

Peter J Wales pjwales at magicnet.net
Sun Feb 11 23:35:25 GMT 1996

On Sun, 11 Feb 1996, dn wrote:

> Me:
>
> > >Pardon my ignorance here, but what the heck do you need more than 1 output
> > >compare for?  You only have 1 cylinder firing at a time
>
> Peter:
>
> > Wrong. At WOT (I'm fed up with yanks pussy footing it around. Get your foot
> > down :), All of the injectors can be open at the same time.
>
> Whoa, now I'm really confused....
>
> I know I'm not wrong about firing 1 cylinder at at time, last time I
> looked in my HEI there were 8 little posts and only 1 contact on the
> rotor...

Ignition! We are talking injection.

> Your'e telling me that in a V8 port injection system, all 8 injectors
> can be open at the same time?  How is this possible?
> Also, the injectors are supposed to be sized to deliver enough fuel at
> around 80% duty cycle for WOT, you can't just turn on an injector and
> leave it on or it dies a fiery death...

If it is sized correctly for normal running at 80% at WOT, let's have a
cold engine, cold day and flat battery. That should be good for the
other 20%

Now the injectors are open continuously, the fuel flowing throgh them
will keep them cool.

If they were to run red hot, that would help vapourisation wouldn't it? :)

Peter Wales