Sequential Setup?

Tommy.Palm at oron.ds.sll.se Tommy.Palm at oron.ds.sll.se
Wed Feb 14 15:22:32 GMT 1996

>I carried out some (well alot of) research on this subject from a combu=
stion
>point of view. I saw a reduction in harshness (uneven combustion) and
>INCREASE in Power (Torque) when you FINISHED or JUST FINISH injecting t=
he
>fuel just before the inlet valve started to open. =

>R.S.Sian
>  =

Since this seems to be a ongoing topic I might help someone with some
information from SAE transactions were Toyota carried out a very serious=
 tests
on sequential timing and affects on combustion. It was done for their le=
anburn
engine to use mixtures leaner than 22:1 and still comply to harshness an=
mostly polluton NOx. Lots of interesting grafs that mostly agrees with M=
r Sians
research. I also have an astonishing report on the effect of injector ai=
ming.
Interested? =

Excuse my swedish-english (one bearly dear to write in this group anymor=
e)!

Tommy Palm
tommy.palm at oron.ds.sll.se