MPX2200

dn dn at dlogtech.cuc.ab.ca
Mon Feb 19 20:46:09 GMT 1996

Cliff Ducharme wrote:

> Any more info on the Motorola pressure sensor (price, sources, etc)
> would be appreciated.

The Motorola sensors should be available at several electronics distributors,
Newark Electronics springs to mind.  You can reach them at 1-800-4-NEWARK.
They didn't show prices in their catalog, but I think they are in the $20
-$30 range.  You can call the Motorola Literature Distribution Center,
PO Box 20912, Pheonix, Arizona 85036 and request a Pressure Sensor Databook
(free).  While you're at it, get a copy of their application note list,
it's got a lot of application notes on the HC11, HC05, and HC16 which are
very useful.  Motorola also has a fax-back service which you can use to get
single data sheets and application notes for any of their stuff.  Sorry I
don't have a phone number for them here, if you want the faxback number
let me know, I'll have to get it from work.  Newark may also be able to get
you a databook, or give you Motorola's phone number.

Looking through their catalog, I noticed that the MPX2200 is not available
in a differential configuration, and it is a 0-30PSI absolute sensor,
which would probably be used in a turbo application... The MPX2100A is
a 0-15 PSIA unit which is probably what you want.  This sensor is calibrated
and temperature compensated and is easy to interface to.  There is also the
MPX5100 series which have a built in amplifier/signal conditioner which
outputs .5 to 4.5 volts, this could be tied directly to your 'HC11 analog
inputs with no further ado... This one is available either absolute (MPX5100A)
or differential (MPX5100D), 0-15 PSI only, and would be a bit more expensive
than the 2100.  Both are available in a variety of port styles.

Another company which sells similar sensors (almost exactly the same, in
fact) is
               Sensym
               1255 Redwood Av.
               Sunnyvale CA 94089
               (408) 744-1500 (old number, may have changed)

They will provide a free data book if you give their customer service dept.
a call.  You probably can't order direct from them, I think they have rather
stiff minimum order policies, but they can provide you with the name of a
stocking distributor.

Regards,
dn

 Darrell A. Norquay              Internet: dn at dlogtech.cuc.ab.ca
 Datalog Technology Inc.         Bang: calgary!debug!dlogtech!darrell
 Calgary, Alberta, Canada        Voice: +1 (403) 243-2220
                                 Fax:   +1 (403) 243-2872
    @ +
     <
    __/    "Absolutum Obsoletum" - If it works, it's obsolete