Radio Shack DMM with RS-232 interface and ProbeScope

Andrew Dennison adennison at swin.edu.au
Tue Feb 20 03:45:00 GMT 1996

On 19 Feb 96 at 17:45, George M. Dailey wrote:

> I'm not a pro "hardware hacker" but, with a very fast PIC and an
> even faster A/D  converter, could an anolog to RS232 module be
> built?

Get a parallel output A/D and drop it on the printer port - there is
a parallel port FAQ somewhere that would tell you how to drive the
port in software.

Unfortunately I have access to a Fluke scopemeter (which gives great
waveforms on injector signals, coil primaries, etc.) so I don't need
to rig up one of these PC scopes!

ps. I think one of the Aussie Elecrtonics magszines (Silicon Chip or
Electronics Australia) had a project to build a device like this a
few years ago for around $60AUS