Intake runner sizing..

Craig Pugsley c.pugsley at trl.telstra.com.au
Wed Feb 21 07:13:03 GMT 1996

> 	Personally, I think those 6-port valves are more restrictive than
> they are worth.  I would take them out, and fab up variable length intake
> runners.  Then you can tune all the runners for all rpm ranges.

Not a 6 port, it's a 4 port (R5?? housings) - Japanese spec engine.

Variable intake length would be fun - could you have the butterflys in a
fixed position and use variable length trumpets, or do you mean variable
length by changing it with several butterflys to turn on/off extra
tubing. Hmm.. so if I had 4 feet of tube would the torque peak be at
idle?? :-) (It's an automatic).

Cheers,
Craig.