Turbo Lag

Bruno! u933234 at student.canberra.edu.au
Sat Feb 24 15:44:20 GMT 1996

On Fri, 23 Feb 1996, ARTHUR OKUN wrote:

> how about an electrically driven supercharger???

My friends and I have thought about this one as an idea. What we
came up with is that the motor driving the supercharger would have to
have HEAPS of torque driving a gear arrangement to get the turbines to
spin at a decent speed. Would be brilliant on a car, dial up whatever
boost you'd need, and maybe going one step further and having the engine
computer control boost pressure.

This motor would also put quite a load on the electrical system on the
car. The size I'm thinking is a small starter motor, for the torque.
Would have to spin at a low speed, to stop itself from flying to bits.

	         Bruno.     ( u933234 at student.canberra.edu.au )

	              "If you've gotta go, go with a smile"