Turbo Lag

George M. Dailey gmd at tecinfo.com
Sun Feb 25 05:42:10 GMT 1996

At 02:44 AM 2/25/96 +1100, Bruno wrote:
>On Fri, 23 Feb 1996, ARTHUR OKUN wrote:
>
>> how about an electrically driven supercharger???

 What we >came up with is that the motor driving the supercharger would have to

========

>Check this out, an air motor connected to a centrifugal blower. Air tools
frequently turn at very high speeds. A mid size air motor might be the
ticket. Imagine a small air tank and an electric or engine driven pump.
During low load, the pump tanks the air under high pressure. When boost is
needed, high flow solenoids open up and all hell breaks lose. Almost no
parasitic losses and instant gratification! This should be possible with off
the shelf components. As always, EFI would be needed to make the system
really work.

 GMD