Need LOTS OF HELP making efi system

Ennis Bragg gt9803a at prism.gatech.edu
Sat Jan 13 03:16:56 GMT 1996

Ed writes:
> Anthony Luistro wrote:
> >I am of dire need of help!

> I can, but we probably needn't clutter the list with it.  email
> me at lansie at rpi.edu.  I'd like to know how much time and money you
> have, how many people and their capabilities, and your performance
> goals.

Ed, I don't think it would be cluttering the list.  I think we need to see
some discussions like that.

Anthony,
I am in the middle of doing the same thing here at Georgia Tech.  I took a
class on the HC11 last quarter and have spent a solid 4 months or so on
the project. (not counting the previous 3 years of learning about our
Honda 600cc motor and Accel DFI system.)

If you haven't gotten started at this point, I wouldn't expect to have
anything for the 96 competition.  I don't mean to sound discouraging, but
the project you are about to begin will take you much much longer than you
could ever imagine.

I think a good place for you to start would be Ed's articles from Circuit
Cellar and another set or articles written by Tim Drury (Ga Tech) for
Performance Engineering magazine a couple of years ago. You can find Tim's
articles at his home page at:

http://spbted.gtri.gatech.edu/hpe/ddis.html

Tim designed an ignition system only but the design process he talks about
in his article applies to designing a fuel injection system.

Good Luck!

Ennis

--
Ennis Bragg