Need LOTS OF HELP making efi system

Ed Lansinger elansi01 at mpg.gmpt.gmeds.com
Fri Jan 12 23:17:01 GMT 1996

Anthony Luistro wrote:

>I am of dire need of help!
>
>I am merely a beginner on efi systems.  However, I need to design a fuel
>injection system for a 4-cylinder Yamaha motorcycle engine to power a
>small formula car.

Formula SAE, right?  Along with many other sources of info you can find
through this list, have you read my articles in Circuit Cellar INK on
doing just that?

>Purchasing a aftermarket efi system is possible, but there are enough funds
>to do this (therefore, it is not really an option).  Would it be cheaper to
>make one yourself?

NO!  (Well, OK, probably not.)  But it isn't infinitely more expensive,
especially if you have help.  If this is Formula SAE, your
_production_ cost *will* be lower for the purpose of the Cost Analysis.

>Can anybody give me some advice on WHERE to begin on this project?

I can, but we probably needn't clutter the list with it.  email
me at lansie at rpi.edu.  I'd like to know how much time and money you
have, how many people and their capabilities, and your performance
goals.

Ed Lansinger
Rensselaer Formula SAE '92-'94
Rensselaer Formula Lightning '95-
GM Powertrain Premium V (Northstar/Aurora) Software & Calibration Group