injectors

Craig Pugsley c.pugsley at trl.telstra.com.au
Wed Jan 17 05:05:24 GMT 1996

>      Can standard injectors be used for NOS, or do you need special
>      injectors with harder springs to keep them closed to compensate for
>      higher pressures with gas ?
>
>      Dan dzorde at aesprodata.com.au

You can run standard injectors with 350 PSI of LPG pressure, (well, the
gas is fed in from the bottom but the whole body is under presure).
Injectors aren't intended to run this high pressure and it would be at
just about the safety limit. I beleive you can pulse width modulate a
standard N2O solenoid valve to get the flow adjustable so I suppose you
could use stock injectors as the nozzles & a solenoid valve (&
preferably another valve that is only on or off to stop any leakage.)

Keep in mind that the flow rate will depend on the duty cycle AND the
gas pressure (which varies a lot)

Cheers,
Craig.