possible cheap FI controller

Steve Knickerbocker 512-356-3000 X6759 Steve.Knickerbocker at SEMATECH.Org
Wed Jan 17 22:50:01 GMT 1996

          I have been persuing several possible controllers for a home
          brewed FI.  The main criteria is cost, with availability a close
          second.  My question is has anyone looked into using a Chrysler
          Electronic Fuel Control computer to drive a TBI or batch
          fire injector system?  This is the Eighties version of lean burn.
          My 87 Diplomat has one and in addition to controlling the spark it
          also cycles a fuel enrichment solenoid in the carburator.  The only
          conventional sensor not used by this system is a TPS.  However I
          don't think it would be to hard to develop a board to condition the
          fuel enrichment signal based on a TPS input.  These systems mount
          on the air cleaner and are in abundance in yards.  Any thoughts?

          Steve M Knickerbocker