Injectors and fuses

Steve Ciciora scicior at cp.uswc.uswest.com
Thu Jan 18 17:53:12 GMT 1996

> At 08:25 AM 1/18/96 -0500, diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu wrote:
> >
> >> If there was any real need for a fuse in the injector line, the
> >> manufacturers would have put one there on production cars.
> >
> >Bold assumption.  :)
>
> I'm Boldly going again ;)
>
> Peter Wales
> President Superchips Inc Florida
> Chairman Superchips Ltd Buckingham
> "Timing is everything"

I.M.H.O. (In My Humble Opinion), manufacturers are trying to save every
cent they can, and don't expect to have many people 'mess' with their
wiring.  If someone does mess with the wiring (like a service tech), and
if they short something out, it's their fault, and not the manufacturer's,
:-)
  But for _MY_ F.I. system, I know I will be messinging w/ the wiring
a lot, and if I short something out, it's my fault and it will cost me.
So, I will put in lots of fuses (cheap insurance), cary spares, and be
careful not to short anything out.
  I don't think there is much of a need for manufacturers to fuse the
injectors, but I _do_ think there is a need for me to fuse my injectors.
If there is a need for you to do it, well, that's up to you.

  Have Fun!
-Steven Ciciora