Cyberdyne A/F meter

SRavet at bangate.compaq.com SRavet at bangate.compaq.com
Fri Jan 19 01:04:58 GMT 1996

This was posted to the monte carlo list.  Can anyone comment on the
accuracy of the Cyberdyne A/F meter?  This thing apparently costs about
$30...

-------------------

Steve- I too am amazes at my next statement, but the Cyberdyne *can* tell
the aproximate a/f ratio with their 10 segment meter!! With the meter came
a sheet that has the meaning of eack segment of the gauge. It gives the
a/f mixture for gas, propane & alcohol! The most rich is 12:1 and the most
lean was (is) 17:1. I could even see the O2 sensor heating up when I did
a cold start. The lites would lite up one by one till I had about 12:1
a/f mixture and in a few more minutes, the engine would go into closed
loop and the gauge would start bouncing up and down to achieve the stoich
mixture. I'm telling you, this little baby worked real good. At wot, w/o
the larger fuel pump, I would drop the lites (lean out) at about 16 lbs
of boost and 6500 rpm, with the larger pump, I could hold 20 psi till 7500
rpm. This gauge saved my ass a few times.

Frank

Steve Ravet
sravet at bangate.compaq.com
Baby you're a genius when it comes to cooking up some chili sauce...