Injectors and fuses

Andrew Dennison adennison at swin.edu.au
Fri Jan 19 01:09:40 GMT 1996

On 18 Jan 96 at 14:19, Markus Strobl wrote:
> According to the service manual on my 96 Camaro, the PCM monitors
> the resistance of each fuel injector, and if the resistance drops
> too low, the driver is disabled, and a trouble code is set.

The new motorola (and Harris?) 'high impedence" drivers do this.
The most important reason for fuses is to stop those those clouds of
smoke when something goes horribly wrong - You will find that EVERY
12V rail in a vehicle (except maybe the starter motor) will (or
should) have some protection.

Andrew