stochiometric mixture WOT workaround

PRodda at MSM.mea.com PRodda at MSM.mea.com
Sat Jan 20 01:03:38 GMT 1996

>"Steve,
>  this stuff is like anything if you can measure what you are doing you can
>sort it out."
>
>Don't count on it! For example, no one but your exhaust valves and piston
>crowns can tell you what running stoich at WOT feels like. Without certain
>feedback from the track timer, O2 sensor or even exhaust temps, you are
only
>likely to feel stoich to lean mixtures when you burn your pistons. THEN the
>car
>slows down. Even the track timer can be dangerous, so it more than helps if
>you
>know what you are doing.

comment on the above - i have used EGT to flag a cockpit warning light when
EGT runs too high for too long (running open loop ECU with turbo +
injection)
as a counter to accidentally running high WOT EGT.  crude, but it works well
enough when you're DIY at this game.  originally intended having it trigger
water/methanol injection to lower temps - abandoned idea as we are talking
fast road use here not track (i don't want to have to fill a container with
MW50
every now and again).   mebbe use EGT as additional feedback into ECU to
avoid ye meltdown syndrome? comments?

paul.