Digital Distributorless Ignition System

RAGHBIR SIAN sian at mail.bogo.co.uk
Sun Jan 21 12:57:28 GMT 1996

>The Programmable, Digital Distributorless Ignition System is finished!  Thank
>God.  Anyhow, all of you had expressed interest in the system sometime in the
>past so I wanted to update you.
>
>The best way to get the articles is via my Web page at
>http://spbted.gtri.gatech.edu/hpe.  In the second article, I'm missing the two
>equations and the table, but I hope to have them in by the time you get this
>message.  Also, more legible versions of the schematics will be made available
>on my FTP site (same address, userid: anonymous).  The DOS version of the PC
>software will be place on the FTP site also.
>
>Please send me any comments and questions.  I'm working on the 3-axis
>accelerometer toy now.  Let me know if you're interested.  It will have a
>128x128 graphic LCD in a handheld device.  The accelerometers are attached to
>an unsprung (hopefully close to the roll center) point on the car and a cable
>will plug into the unit.  Should record about a half-hour of data - great for
>autocrossing.
>
>-tim drury

>  Tim .. YES YES YES ... I'm interested .. will I be able to use this setup as
>  a sort of "pocket dyno" for engine tuning ... I'm more concerned with linear
>  acceleration than the "friction circle"
>
>  Jim Conforti
>  <lndshrk at xmission.com>

Tim..
I am interested too in the accelerometer but for the 'friction circle'. Keep
me posted.

 Regarding the place where the sensor would go  Tim you wrote:

>>The accelerometers are attached to>an unsprung (hopefully close to the
roll >>center)

So what would you do when the roll centre of the vehicle concerned changes
in relation to suspension movement....   Okay just kidding.

Or may be place two of the units one at the front and one at the rear.
I remember this was one of the places the formula one boys placed the
sensors for high bandwidth active ride control.

By the way what has happened to the article on your DDIS  and your Web site.

May be a slight technical glitch ya...

Let me know when this site is fully operational.

Regards

R.S.Sian

  Raghbir Sian
Engine Control and Combustion Analyst

"As Always A ***CONTROL*** Freak"
A committee is a group of the unwilling, chosen from the unfit, to do the
unnecessary....   Anonymous
Life is just one damned thing after another...  Joseph Heller
Time spent on any item of the agenda will be in inverse proportion to the sum
involved.

E-mail: sian at mail.bogo.co.uk