Injectors and fuses

dn dn at dlogtech.cuc.ab.ca
Sun Jan 21 20:28:39 GMT 1996

> Ah! but these injectors aren't connected directly accross 12V.
> Manufacturers either use a current limiting resistor or peak and hold
> drivers.

Yeah, I wasn't referring to what the driver may do to alter the
current drive to the injector.  That's a whole separate issue.
I was assuming worst case where the driver is a dead short, having
self destructed for whatever reason, thus applying battery
directly to the injector.  This is, after all, exactly what the
fuse is for in the first place, to protect the wiring harness and,
if you're lucky, the injector itself from some catastrophic failure
elsewhere in the system.

regards,
dn

 Darrell A. Norquay                   Internet: dn at dlogtech.cuc.ab.ca
 Datalog Technology Inc.              Bang: calgary!debug!dlogtech!darrell
 Calgary, Alberta, Canada             Voice: +1 (403) 243-2220
                                      Fax:   +1 (403) 243-2872
    @ +
     <
    __/     "Ain't no substitute for clock speed or compression ratio"