Ford EEC-IV Ignition Module

imonkare at bessel.tutech.fi imonkare at bessel.tutech.fi
Tue Jan 23 14:29:07 GMT 1996

Hi! Could someone help me with a Ford EEC-IV TFI ignition module of a=20
Ford Sierra (with HALL sensor and european ECU). I=B4ve built a control=20
unit of a Siemens SAB80C517 microcontroller and now I have some=20
difficulties in controlling the IM.

I=B4ve come this far:

output    -------         ------
of              |         |
HALL            |_________|
               /          \
              /      Start advance (say 12 deg BTDC)
     "Max" advancd
     (about 90 deg BTDC)

"Start advance" is the point where EEC-IV fires when starting the engine.=
=20
Even if the ECU is disconnected the IM fires at "start advance" (limp=20
home). The ECU tells to the IM when to fire with a rising edge. I tried=20
that too. I switched the ignition signal OFF at "max advance" an ON when=20
I wanted to fire, I could fire only AFTER "start advance". When I had an=20
advance of about 30 deg the IM fired at "start advance".

So, a few questions: Am I so far right?
Does ECU take care of dwell? With the falling edge? How to calculate that?

Here is something about me. I=B4m studing telecommunications in Institute=
=20
of Techology in Turku, Finland. I=B4ve built a control unit of a Siemens=20
SAB80C517. So far I have software only for ingition (almost ready),=20
injection is coming in summer. My car is a Ford Taunus =B482 with Motronic=
=20
(from Sierra) and turbo.

imonkare at bessel.tutech.fi