engine reversal

dzorde at aesprodata.com.au dzorde at aesprodata.com.au
Tue Jan 23 06:46:04 GMT 1996

     Hey James

     I keep getting a bounce back from your mail server, so I'll post the
     answers here.  Hope no one else minds.

     Well its a 71 model.  It uses a 127 (903cc) block with the standard
     850 crank (I think).  I know the pistons have been swapped around on
     the rods to allow for the engine running the opposite way.  Currently
     it has a suzuki SOHC head on it (don't know what suzuki, someone else
     actually spent a day going around with an 850 head gasket, and
     comparing it to all others).  To accomodate for oil a few external oil
     lines have been put in to feed the top end.

     The fuel is via an electric fuel pump feeding two 40mm side draft
     Webbers.  Water cooling is via a front mounted radiator.  At last dyno
     test the car was putting out just over 90HP at the rear wheels.

     We have been thinking of EFI as well, probably a system of a jap
     import to make it cheap.  If you want lots of power try stroking the
     crank to a 1050 crank, bore out the engine to 80mm (I think) and put
     in Honda pistons.  This should take it to somewhere near 1500cc and
     close to 200HP at the rear wheels.  This is one of our idears, or just
     put in a rotary.

     As for other places for information, I am not too sure.  I do know
     there is an internet site somewhere that has a lot of Fiat info,
     however it may be in italian.  If you search for it and happen to find
     it can you let me know where it is.

     Anyway hope it helped, I have heard of special built racing engines
     being available in the US for the 850 for only a few thousand.  Mabye
     you could find some info on this.

     Dan        dzorde at aesprodata.com.au