Engine codes for '84 T/A

Bob Valentine ravalent at liii.com
Fri Jan 26 03:23:44 GMT 1996

> Dan, I also wish to crack the enigma of the GMC CCC serial data protocol.

> and not both.  My personal tests indicate that serial data will only be
> transmitted when B is grounded. This test was done by  connecting the ALDL
> to my PC using Procom terminal software.  All I got was unreadable data .
> It appeared in about 3 paragraph chunks that repeated over and over.  I'd be
> willing to bet that it's ASCII.  I tried different setting but never got
> anything readable.  GM computers can only transmit data ( up to '92 I think)

    I can't find it, but I had a old, old, OLD mail note that said the
baud rate is 8192, and that can be obtained by changing the crystal on a
old serial port board (XT type).

> If one of our suave programmers can write the program,  I would be willing
> to connect it to my hardware and share the information that the ECM

    Mabye one of the RS232 hackers can figure out what crystal to choose. 8^)

> gmd at tecinfo.com

                     -->   Bob Valentine  <--
                    --> ravalent at liii.com  <--
            "Hard Acceleration Saves Costly Aggravation"