Identify This ECM

Bob Valentine ravalent at liii.com
Fri Jan 26 03:53:49 GMT 1996

   Can anyone identify it from these numbers:

   Service Number: 1227165
   Sticker on ROM: Delco ABYA 5400
   Sticker inside box: 5088365
   Barcoded sticker on harness connector: 310038212158301

Scot Sealander wrote:

>    Bob, That service number ECM is used in 86-89 Camaro TPI's and maybe
>    Corvettes from the same era.  I don't know from the ABYA whether it is
>    305/350, standard or automatic, but if you could send me the code, I
>    could look at it and tell you what it was intended for, and also
>    whether the PASSKey is enabled.  (If so, you would have to substitute
>    the PASSKey signal, or modify the EPROM.)

    Ummmm... what code are you looking for?

And Peter Wales wrote:

> The ABYA 5400 Eprom goes into a 1987 Camaro
> L98 Motor 5.7l MFI
> MD8 Transmission, 4spd Auto
> Axle GH3 2.77:1

> What else do you need to know?

   Easy way to see if it's alive, without a scan tool, Diacom, or car to
throw it in.  I'm gonna fire it up tonight and see what the idiot light does.

   If it does live, does anyone have a stock MAP Eprom they want to get
rid of?  Would make the installation much easier.

   Does changing throttle body sizes have any effect on the calibration
of the unit?  Where it's going I would NOT be using the factory style TPI
throttle body.

   Since this box would be going on a Olds motor, and the original TPI
motor had a electronic distributor, would I be able to just hook the
newer distributor module to the Olds pickup (It's got a standard HEI in
it now) to get the right signals for the ECM?   Does the TPI distibutor
have a Hall Effect unit in it?

> Peter Wales

    Thanks guys... I got the replies before my message even showed up!

                     -->   Bob Valentine  <--
                    --> ravalent at liii.com  <--