SBC TPI manifold questions

John S Gwynne jsg
Wed Jan 31 02:52:20 GMT 1996

Just a couple of quick question... I don't really want to buy a
service manual for this car since I only have its manifold.

Manifold: 89 Camaro TPI 305 w/ cold start injector

Q) The EGR valve has what looks like a temperature sensor built into its
base. How is that used?

Q) I've traced the idle air passages down through the base plate. Near
the cold start injector there is a hose nipple. What attaches here?
Does this tee-off to the MAP sensor which I assume is attached to the
rear left nipple on the plenum?

Q) How did GM originally route the radiator bypass hoses? One through
the throttle body then back to the block and a second to the heater?

Thanks,
John Gwynne