Sensor Questions?

Wayne Braun Wayne.Braun at Develcon.com
Wed Jan 31 14:50:37 GMT 1996

Text Deleted.

>    Guilty as charged.  BLM is usually a 4x4 matrix that has on one axis
>    an RPM component and on the other, a load component.  This matrix is
>    updated when the ECM is in closed loop and BLM learn conditions are
>    met.  The particular BLM that is used is defined by the particular
>    combination of RPM and load.  If the ECM is operating in open loop, the
>    ECM can still operate close to the ideal AFR (air/fuel ratio) by using
>    the 'learned' value of BLM.
>
>    Seeing as GM does not necessarily use hard and fast rules, the number
>    of BLM locations can be as few as 2, to as many as 16 BLM locs.
>    (Personal experience cited.)
>
> >  Unfortunately, this points directly at Mr.  Sealander and I do not mean
> >  to single him out as the only person that does this.  After all, he is
> >  NOT the only person that does this.  I ended up re-reading one
> >  paragraph several times ( in someone elses posting ) before the term
> >  "catcon" fell into place as meaning catalytic converter.
>
>    I guess we all sometimes assume a basic level of understanding that is
>    uniform all around.

        Text deleted

> >  Mr.  Sealander, I do enjoy reading the information that you have
> >  provided even if I sometimes have to work to understand them ( that may
> >  not be a bad thing either 8^)).
>
>    Hey, that's good for you!  There is really is no substitute for
>    personal effort!
>
>    Scot Sealander FIScot at aol.com (Yeah, I know, someday I'll get a real IP.)

        Thanks, it makes a lot more sense now. I guess maybe its time to put
some of this information into a FAQ

        Wayne.
Wayne Braun  Product Support Develcon Electronics
Email: Wayne.Braun at Develcon.com                 HTTP://WWW.Develcon.com
Phone: (306) 933-3300 or  1-800-667-9333     FAX: (306)978-8860