280ZX ECU in '78 BMW

Darrell Norquay dnorquay at awinc.com
Mon Jul 1 01:46:58 GMT 1996

At 11:51 AM 6/25/96 +0000, you wrote:
>As far as the suggestion to just ditch the thermal reactors and
>adjust the car to run lean, the main problem with this is that for
>me, this is very expensive.  Old manifolds are not cheap.  I'd havve
>to have a headpipe made and installed at a muffler shop, and swap out
>all the parts, etc., not worth it, especially if I can diisable the
>hot-function of the thermal reactors by denying them air and unburnt
>fuel.

Surely someone makes a 4 into 1 or 4-2-1 (tri-y) tube header for the Beemer.
This would solve your thermal reactor problem, give you more horsepower by
improving exhaust flow (which may also help your overrich condition a bit),
and give your beemer the equivalent of a liposuction, losing 100 pounds of
ugly cast iron fat overnite.

regards
dn