Bosch Motronic AFM => Point - Counterpoint

WERNER_HAUSSMANN at HP-Loveland-om2.om.hp.com WERNER_HAUSSMANN at HP-Loveland-om2.om.hp.com
Mon Jul 1 14:58:39 GMT 1996

OK, the analogy to an accelerator pump was bad.  Normally the EFI runs at near
stoichiometric, when changing the trottle, the overshoot of the air meter and
the rapid change in the air meter flap cause mixture enrichment closer to max
torque and power for a short period of time.  Is that right??

Help me get it right guys!

Werner

> For the Bosch systems with the air meter, when changing the
> trottle, the air meter will overshoot, the ECU will sense the rate
> of change and provide an accelerator pump action. 'Loosening the spring'
> will increase that accelerator pump action. That is kind of the intend of the
> discussion.

 Accelerator pumps are evil necessities required by carburators.
                                      --Carter

  ummmm, close.  it is needed by *all* wet flow intake manifolds.  throttle
body injectors (like holly's metered leak) need compensation for the change
in the ability of the air to hold the fuel particles in suspension on a
throttle transient.  the exact physics have escaped my brain (it *is*
after 5pm on a friday, ya know :)

later,
kc