intake runner length

tom sparks sparks at probe.net
Mon Jul 1 16:58:20 GMT 1996

One effect will be the shifting of the torque curve upward.  It will
probably reduce low speed torque to benefit high speed torque.  Probably at
a  higher speed than is really useful or possible.   It will likely affect
gas mileage too.

Since this is a factory engineered dimension there was most likely a good
reason for it.  It would probably be a better idea to construct a heat
shield and provide some ducting with a fan of some sort.

1982 Accords had the same problem and the factory provided just such a fix.
I heard it worked.  I could probably use it on mine but Honda doesn't sell
it anymore.

If it is a cooling problem, fix the cooling problem, don't mess with
everything else.  That's my $00.02.   Hope it helps.

Best regards,
Thomas Sparks