G-Force Measurement

Al Grippo Al_Grippo_at_~AT-VAP1 at cc.atinc.com
Wed Jul 3 12:42:28 GMT 1996

>Hi to all,
>I have been lurking on this list for quite awhile.  Although a G-meter is not
>strictly diy efi material, I know that many in the group may have an interest
or
>information regarding my inquiry.

>To the point, I wish to either purchase or design an instrument for measuring
>the G-forces generated during cornering of a vehicle.  If anyone knows of a
>unit
>made for this purpose, please reply and let me know.

>If I have to make one, maybe the ADXL05 from Analog Devices would be the most
>suitable place to start, however I have not yet managed to get a hold of a
>databook/spec sheet.  What does anybody else think?

>Regards,

>Brian Davies

You can get the specs on the ADXL05 from http://www.analog.com/products/sheets.
I ordered 1 from Newark Electronics for $38US - expect delivery in August.

I plan to hook up an ADXL05 to the cpu332 sensor board. I will pivot mount it
so that when it is straight ahead it will measure accel g's, then by simply
turning it 90 degrees, it will measure lateral g's. I plan to display the
output continuously on an led display.

             Al Grippo