EFI

Woodd, Michael wooddm at akcity.govt.nz
Sun Jul 14 21:48:32 GMT 1996

>>2. Spring tension makes a difference only during _transient_ movement and
>>will enrichen until steady state, where it has no effect. There is no
>>effect at WOT as you are already using the longest pulse found in the
>>look-up table (MAP) for that set of parameters.
>
> Umm .. Motronic does NOT look up PULSE WIDTHS ..
>
> It MEASURES air .. calculates LOAD from AIR and RPM and a constant (based
> upon injector size) then corrects for operation conditions (maps)
> to yeild injector PW ..

Sorry, but I have to ask (forgive my ignorance, I am not a car tuner, nor an
engine expert of any kind, and what I know about MAP (manifold air
pressure?) fuel injection systems could be written in 40 point on the back
of a thumb tack) - I hope to get a comprehensive answer from someone with
wisdom in such things, please expound at length to me in person if you like
(and no, I am not taking the piss out of anyone except myself):

1.   How exactly would the controller calculate "load" from "air" and "rpm"
and "a constant"? i.e. what would the equation be?  (please treat me as
completely ignorant, though I am not quite)

(I assume "load" refers to the air volume passing into the engine)

2.   How would you work out what this constant is?

3.   Also, I am confused as to why the calculation of load would depend on a
constant upon injector size, or do you mean that injector size would be used
to determine injector pulse width further down the line?

4.   Could the author please reply to me in person as this is my first post
and I want to know it got there.

Mike Woodd
(wooddm at akcity.govt.nz)