oil control

William A. Sarkozy mymove at serv01.net-link.net
Sun Jul 14 20:44:44 GMT 1996

Hey all you turbo gurus......

Anybody have trouble containing oil in the turbos?  I have a setup with 2
brand-new turbos that leak oil badly into the hot section causing great
billows of blue smoke.
Application is SBC with high volume oil pump which delivers about 90 PSI
cold.  Oil supply lines are #4AN and drains are #6AN back to top of oil pan
just below the block.  I'm having trouble believing that BOTH units could
have been assembled improperly.  Is the oil seal a mechanical unit or does
it have some sort of "packing gland" that can be replaced?  Could I have
damaged it by excessive pressure, or could I just turn down the pressure and
hopefully solve the problem?  I've never read anywhere that too much oil
(pressure) is  bad for these things.

Thanks in advance for any help you might provide.....

     Bill