EFI control units

John Dammeyer johnd at islandnet.com
Thu Jul 25 06:17:42 GMT 1996

At 02:15 PM 24/07/1996 UT, you wrote:

>I have tried both MAF and MAP and found that MAP was a lot easier to install
>and get running OK.  You'll find that MAF sensing adds to the overall system
>hardware complexity especially the intake.  You have to be very careful not to
>have any air leaks at any point after the MAF sensor with straight runs of
>pipe upstream and downstream of the sensor. As I said, MAP is a lot easier.

I'm quite new to the fuel injection scenario too.  What is MAP verses MAF
and what type does a SAAB have?

Thanks,

John.

Pioneers are the ones, face down in the mud,
with arrows in their backs.
Automation Artisans Inc.      Ph. 604-544-4950
6468 Loganberry Place         Fax 604-544-4954
Victoria BC CANADA V8Z 7E6