Throttle Body Sizing

John Dammeyer johnd at islandnet.com
Sat Jul 27 04:09:39 GMT 1996

At 03:49 PM 26/07/1996 -0700, you (Terry) wrote:

>        As I was taught in college auto tech class, VE is this:
>
>actual fuel air mix in cylinder
>-------------------------------   * 100
>total possible fuel air mix
>
>For example, at the end of the intake stroke, in a 100CC total volume
>cylinder, if you have 75CC of fuel/air mix, then that is 75% volumetric
>effeciency. Some engines have their intakes tuned such that at certain
>RPM's, it resonates and can achieve better than 100% VE, like 105% or so.
>Typically NASCAR uses this technique.

 And of course the Turbo or Supercharger makes the VE% even bigger.  By
jove,  I think I've got it.

Thanks.

John

Pioneers are the ones, face down in the mud,
with arrows in their backs.
Automation Artisans Inc.      Ph. 604-544-4950
6468 Loganberry Place         Fax 604-544-4954
Victoria BC CANADA V8Z 7E6