DIY_EFI Digest V1 #212

talltom talltom at teleport.com
Sat Jul 27 11:00:08 GMT 1996

> ------------------------------
>
> From: Frank_Mallory at srs.blkcat.com (Frank Mallory)
> Date: Fri, 26 Jul 1996 11:22:48 -0400
> Subject: Bosch D-jetronic schematics?
>

> >Can anybody come up with a diagram for a d-jectronic brain used on a 72
> >mercedes 280 sel 4.5? I just Inherited the thing and now that I own it, it's
> >gotta run right. It's down to 4-6 cylinders and hopefully a friend who
> >understands
> >electronics has said he might help figuire it out. Yes I know it's brain dead.
>
> I don't think you want to try modifying the circuitry in the brain box, or even
> repairing it.
>
> First thing is to check the plugs (not easy to get 'em out, but you'll get the
> hang of it after a few times).

They're easy, try some of the gm v6's!:->

snip-

I've checked all that stuff, and the continuity of the wires between trigger
points, injectors, and brain.

> Bottom line: don't mess with the brain box until you have checked out
> everything else.

I agree, but I'm to cheap to do it any other way. It's brain dead. I suspect
that one or two injector drivers or transistors have burned up, as every
now and then all the cyls work for awhile. In the process of checking all the
other stuff I've guessed at everything including fuel filter, tank sock,
atmospheric pressure, fuel pressure, timing, etc. Currently it seems to
be running hot or hot weather if and when all cyls decide to work. Today
I took it through emissions. With 2 cyls missing it had .o5% co and 118
hydrocarbons. It's not an ignition prob! I'll have to admit that 2 cyls
pumping air with no fuel is one hell of an air pump!

So we're back to, anybody got any bosch-d diagrams?