L-Jetronic EFI for Mazda Rotary Engine

Craig Pugsley c.pugsley at trl.telstra.com.au
Mon Jun 3 06:15:03 GMT 1996

> It's time for me to ask for some advice and help. I recently obatined a
> replacement EFI controller for my 12A turbo rotary. I think its an
> L-Jetronic system from what I can work out.

I think they were L jet based, made by Nippon Denso.
The 'Gregorys' fixing EFI books have wiring diagrams in them, many of
the connections have the same name as in your list, so maybe a 626 turbo
might have the same computer?
http://proffa.cc.tut.fi/~k124476/vehicles/3T-GTEfi.html
might be able to shed some light on some of the connections (this is a
toyota 1.8l injected turbo computer)

> PIN ID:		Connection		PIN ID: 	Connection
>  +B	    Power thru ign switch	 IGN	    ? (possibly coil ??)
                                                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^ Yep.
>  E2	    Earth connection		 E1	    Earth Connection
            ^^^^^ for air flow meter                ^^^^^ Main computer
                                                          earth
>  Tau	    ???????			#10         Injector #1
            ^^^^^^^ (GUESSING.. Maybe a boost switch?)
>  THW	    Coolant Temp sensor		E02	    Ground Connection
                                                    ^^^^^^ return for
                                                    injectors.
> Second Connector:
>
> IDL	???????
        ^^^^^^^ Idle contacts in throttle position switch
> VF	???????
        ^^^^^^^ This is supposedly a "Test socket" (What it's function
                is unknown, as these are analog computers - maybe an
                injector on-time control voltage)

It seems that a lot of the connectors on the ND Ljet are similar (I have
a 2 litre 929 Ljet unit with a lot of what you have listed).
The turbo units with trapdoor sensors don't seem to need a MAP input,
but the 3TGTEU has two pressure switches (one for boost enrichment, the
other for boost limiting)

Cheers,
Craig.
pugsley at trl.oz.au