Ignition systems

SANDY SWELTAN at physio.uct.ac.za
Mon Jun 3 07:28:42 GMT 1996

I was reading a book on tuning by A Graham Bell (no, not the inventor
of the telephone). He seems to highly recommend the Scintilla Vertex
magneto ignition system. Apparently it was used in airplane engines
in the 1950s. It was the first I'd heard about it. Does anyone have
any experience of the system? This guy seems to think it's better
than the electronic systems??? But then he also semms to think carbs
are better than efi.......

Sandy

DR. S.M. WELTAN
DEPT OF PHYSIOLOGY                       Tel. No: (021) 406-6507
UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN                  Fax No:  (021) 47-7669
MEDICAL SCHOOL
SOUTH AFRICA

e-mail:sweltan at physio.uct.ac.za