How about no MAF or MAP?

Mike Klopfer klopfer at eagle.natinst.com
Thu Jun 6 03:35:05 GMT 1996

 Tony Bryant <bryantt at stimpy.fp.co.nz> writes:

>The solution I have used is to solve two simultaneous equations
>to find the air flow:
>
>AirFlow = M.A.Pressure * VE(RPM) * RPM  { Just like in a MAP system }
>
>&
>
>AirFlow = CriticalFlow(Throttle Pos) * compressible gas
>                                           function(M.A.Pressure)

Since I don't understand some of the terminology used I'm guessing that
these are the equations for airflow out of and into the manifold
respectively. The following is a piece of a posting a did in the distant
past. I'm not sure if its very clear or along the lines of what your
looking for but if so it would be easy for me to get a hold of the paper
and post the equations. My copy doesn't have the last digit of the SAE
article number but it should be locatable given the title and partial
number.