Solenoid Wanted

jfaubion jfaubion at cs-smtp.tyndall.af.mil
Wed Jun 12 19:29:42 GMT 1996

>As for adding ethanol, that may have been used as an anti-freeze,
>which also happens to burn (adds energy where water injection
>slightly decreases the A/F charge volume [by the amount of water
>added] so it slightly decreases the output power).

 As I understand it the ethanol was originally used to raise the octane
 level of the combustible mixture in the chamber. Its latent heat and easy
 vaporization were also added benefits.

 >The ideal solution is to not run gasoline at all, but run on
 >pure methanol.

 I always thought the "ideal" fuel to be hydrogen for pretty much the same
 reasons you mentioned. It does have many of the same drawbacks but you
 won't find a much cleaner burning fuel. <g>

 John Faubion