EFI algorithms

Jim Sturcbecher jsturs at bart.nl
Thu Jun 13 10:35:24 GMT 1996

>What I need to do now with new software is to develop a load factor
>between 0 and 255. Whats the best stragedy. A calculation using
>to A D value or a lookup table or a search. Once you have the
>load factor between 0 and 255 a divide by 16(four shifts right)gives
>you the index for your lookup table.
>
>Tnx everybody: peter

I would suggest a lookup table for the conversion. This is the simplest
to code and allows you to easily adjust the values for non-linearities.
Remeber, you do not need every entry in the table, you only need enough
to define the transfer function and then use interpolation to derive the
intermediate values. This is how GM does it. There are 2 interpolation
routines in the 730 code you have, one for a single dimension table
(simple list), and one for a 2D table (load vs rpm = VE_value for example).

Later,

Jim Sturcbecher
jsturs at bart.nl