DIY_EFI Digest V1 #165

Paul.J.Timmerman at jpl.nasa.gov Paul.J.Timmerman at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Jun 14 15:36:40 GMT 1996

>>I plan on running at 18 psig with a 7.0:1 compression engine,
>>giving about 275 hp out of 2.15 liters.

>What engine is that and how is your system configured? Are you
>injecting the water before the turbo for better vaporization or after?

I am running a 1982 Audi Quattro Trubo, with an inline five cylinder
motor and a KKK k-26 turbocharger.  I have modified the wastegate
control using an adjustable air spring, the ignition advance by
hacking the ECU, and am running intercooler misters.  I am getting
ready for the Virginia City Hillclimb which is a short event.

I am running a total loss water system, with a 5 gallon SS soda
keg and a 5# CO2 tank to drive it.  I have solinoids to turn on
both the InterCooler misters and the water injection misters.
I am running some misters that run 0.1 gallons per minute at 40 psi.
At about 12-15 psi, and thus the rates are lower, but I can still
drain a tank pretty fast.  Not much good for big drives or long
events but great for short things.  In the future, 50/50 water
methanol would be prefered, but I don't have the right SS parts
for the whole system, and swapping brass nozzles is much cheaper..

paul timmerman