GM ECM: Vats

George M. Dailey gmd at tecinfo.com
Sat Jun 15 04:36:51 GMT 1996

At 09:37 AM 6/13/96 -0700, you wrote:
chomp...
>>Curious I am as to why you simply didn't use module and resistor.
>>I guess it wouldn't be very neat in a classic. The modules that
>>Ecklers and others sell are quite tacky.
>>Tnx again George:
>>:peter

I wanted to use the factory module and resistor key but the GM dealers in
Greenville MS acted like they did not know what I was talking about. "Just
give me the part number off the part young man and we can order it", said
them...."But I dont have the part... it's a custom application", said I. I
think you get the message. They did have several modules listed, but we
could not tell from their descriptions, exactly what they were for. The
price made it dirt clear that they were not cheap. It seems like other
security system modules were available as options. Apparently, GM does not
call it a VATS module. BTW, I'm still trying to get a factory service manual
for the '89 TPI 350.

Keep in touch, and good luck on your swaps. Sounds like FUN FUN FUN!

GMD