Bosch Motronic Questions -Reply

Todd King Todd_King at ccm.co.intel.com
Sat Jun 22 00:47:12 GMT 1996

     <<<...
     Here's my thinking - the momentary hesitation when I step on the
     accelerator is caused because it takes a fraction of a second for
     enough pressure/vacumm (?) to build up to pull the door open.
     Lessening the spring tension would allow the door to open sooner,
     hence lessening throttle lag.  If my theory of operation for the meter
     is correct (Is it, I ask?), then creating a richer mixture (via
     silicon) would seem to have less of an effect on getting the door open
     vs. just lessening the spring tension (which I now realize will also
     create a somewhat richer mixture). Any final comments before I give
     this a try - of course, I will post my results to the list.
     Thanks for all the pointers on getting the box open.
     Brad
     '86 Porsche 911 Coupe
     '91 Alfa 164   >>>

     Brad

     Are you convinced that the hesitation described is a characteristic
     of the air meter? I have an '87 Grand National and have been a
     member of the GN/T Type list for a few years. I just found this
     list and it looks like hog heaven! Should really help my productivity
     here at work :-) Anyway, the GN's experience "tip in" hesitation
     with a MAF and TPS system, no mech. airmeter. The severity of it
     seems to depend on state of tune as much as anything else.

     Todd       Todd_King at ccm.co.intel.com