Bosch Motronic Questions

Craig Pugsley c.pugsley at trl.telstra.com.au
Mon Jun 24 03:44:13 GMT 1996

> > 1) I've been told that it is possible to lessen the spring force on the door
> > of the Air Meter by moving the spring back a few notches, which may

> I used a razor blade to cut through the glue/sealant that holds the
> cover down; it was then quite easy to lever off. I eased the tension
> back by 3 notches; just be careful to hold everything in place when
>
> Dr A. N. Bosch
> Physiology Department/ Sports Science Institute
> University of Cape Town Medical School

With a name like that I'd be inclined to believe you even if it is a
medical doctorate ;-)

BTW, I saw a current model BMW 318i the other day and noticed that they
are STILL using flap type AFMs!! Haven't BMW updated their systems in
the last 10 years? (on the 4 cyl cars) - I read about the new siemens
computer used in the BMW M3 the other day, sounds like a trick piece of
technology. (Can't remember details, but it had several MB of rom and a
custom processor of similar power to a mid range pentium -controls
fuel, spark, (auto) trans, indepenant intake & exhaust cam phasing,
traction control etc.)

Cheers,
Craig.