AC Delco ECM

peter paul fenske pfenske at direct.ca
Wed Jun 26 16:46:58 GMT 1996

Hello Gang
Just some more info on GM ECM.
FYI the more desirable ECMs are those used in port operation
from about 1986 to 1992. The last #s are 165 and 730 on the
PN. These two ECMs can use a 16K and a 32K respectably.
On the weekend picked up two 165s, one complete tpi harness, and
a firebird aircleaner assembly for 50$ can. 730s a bit harder to
find though.
There are usually several K of unused prom space, as well as several
unused inputs and outputs. GM sensors and actuators are just as cheap.
About the only hindrance so far is untangling the IO.

So if anybody has any info or clues please let me know

If someone would like to run a BMW or whatever with one of these let
me know. There are virually hundreds of calibrations for these ECMs.
Anything from 5.7L to 2.0L.

What I have managed to untangle so far are Spark Control, Idle control,
Fan control, Speed limiter function. Untested as yet are checksum control
and some fueling. If anyone has info to correlate please let me know.

With the price and availability these ECMS would be the answer for
many EFIers. Also the electronics is far superior to what can be
made and believe me I have access to good PCB manufacturing.

WEll GL all: peter      pfenske at direct.ca