AC Delco ECM

Alain Marchildon marchil at ibm.net
Thu Jun 27 13:10:19 GMT 1996

>Peter-
>
>Wish I had some info to contribute for you, but I'm a real newbie when it
>comes to ECM's.
>
>I did want to tell you I think it's great that you're sharing all you're
>learning about these.  I hope to adapt a MAF based system to my '65 turbo
>Corvair, so I can do away with the old sidedraft Carter.
>
>I have a complete EFI setup from a 2.8 V-6 out of a '85 Firebird.   I
>plan on using a Hobbs switch to enrich the mixture under boost.  I have
>good fabricating skills and a shop to make the manifold adapters as needed.
>
>How is the code physically extracted from the ECM?  I mean where do you
>attach, at the ribbon cable going to the sub board?  Where do you get
>disassembler software to look at the code?
>
>Thanks for all your help
>
>Martin Scarr <martins at efn.org>

Hi Martin

The Hobbs switch is baisicly an on off switch.

I would not go for the Hobbs switch to enrich the mixture I am using a
FMU = Fuel management unit this is a fuel pressure regulator that you add
after the stock unit and it has a vacuum hose to sense the boost pressure in
the manifold,. what you want it to do is raise the fuel rail pressure from
about 40PSI to close to 95PSI but do it gradually with increase boost
pressure this way you will have a linear  fuel enrichment .

See ya
// Marchil at ibm.net
//
// Alain Marchildon
//
// 1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE Soon with Vortech supercharger "My toy //
// 1989 Audi 90 "Family car"
//