Subaru EFI

Brad Martin btm at usa.nai.net
Tue Mar 5 16:01:36 GMT 1996

At 08:52 AM 3/5/96 +0000, you wrote:
>I'm trying to hack my way into the control box for a Subaru SVX
>engine made by JECS. The EPROM is a Fujitsu 27C1028 which I couldn't
>find in my meager databook collection. I tried reading the EPROM as a
>27C1024, but just got garbage. I'm assuming the -28 is a protected
>device. Any suggestions?
>
>---
>David Parrish
David-

Wow, was I suprised to see your email!

I own 2 SVX's and have wanted more info about the ECU, etc for a while.
I do own the factory service manuals, but this is only a small help.

Although my company designs small analog & digital PCB's, I personally have
very little EPROM experience

Pls let me know what you turn up!!  (& I'll do the same of course!)

Regards-
Brad Martin
President

bmi CAD Services
8E Herman Drive
POB 522
Simsbury, CT 06070-0522
860-658-0808 voice
860-658-0404 fax
860-379-6187 voice2  (call here first)
860-738-0471 fax2
sales at bmicad.win.net
====
Also, you may want to check out:
  http://www.win.net/bmicad/welcome.html   (bmi CAD's homepage)
  http://www.win.net/bmicad/strahome.html  (Stealth Racing's homepage)
  http://www.win.net/bmicad/nehahome.html  (New England Hillclimb
Association's homepage)

(The Hacker)
 '92 Subaru SVX
 '84 VW Rabbit GTI ex-PRO Rally car, now all 'round racer/beater
 '83 VW Rabbit GTI PRO Rally Car wannabe - hillclimbs too
 '81 VW Scirocco S street car TBD
 '79 VW Scirocco ice racer