MC3334 question

Fred Miranda fcmefi at fishnet.net
Wed Mar 6 15:43:24 GMT 1996

could it be, Tim used circuit resistances instead of an actual resistor?
I did some coil testing 2 weeks ago in which I scoped the voltage drop
across a clip lead leading to the driver ground.

> You could consider paralleling several smaller resistors to get the
>required value.  Let's see, this resistor would dissipate about 2.5 W @
>6 A (I^2*R).  You could parallel 4 X .1 ohm, 1W resistors (or 10 X .27 ohm
>.5W) to give .025 ohm @ 4W (.027 ohm @ 5W), more than sufficient for the task.

If you have good dwell control, the only time you'll approach these dissipation
figures is at very high rpm when the duty cycle is highest.

one last thing. does anyone know where to get the MC3334 (I could use 10-12)

Fred