Fuel Maps

Fred Miranda fcmefi at fishnet.net
Wed Mar 6 15:43:25 GMT 1996

>> My main question here is:
>> How does everyone out there tune the fuel (and ignition) maps on their
>> system?
get the best O2 or other air fuel meter you can afford or borrow
(an EGT-exhaust gas temp meter is also handy)
then, after you get some baseline programming  done in the driveway,
go drive around. Data logging will make things much easier, esp when speeds
climb and or traffic is a problem. the faster the car the harder it is to
top end due
 to road and traffic conditions.

as for the ign, I try to start with a curve similar to factory(if I have it)
and then tweek it with the aid of the EGT and  knock sensor

Fred